I’ve been tagged for the Liebster Award blog tag!
Since today is an off-week, and I’ll do a writing related post next Monday, I figured why not take some time and participate in the blog tag?
Thanks to E.G. Bella for tagging me! You can read her post about it HERE.
So let’s go ahead and get started!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you! (Thank you, Bella!)
- Answer the eleven questions he/she asked.
- Nominate eleven more bloggers for the award. (Make sure they know you nominated them.)
- Ask your eleven nominated bloggers eleven questions.
- When did you first get the idea to start a blog, and why did you decide to?
I started my first blog when I was seven. I first heard about blogging because my mom told me about it and asked if I wanted to set up a blog of my own. Over the next ten years, I started so many new blogs, worked on them for about 3 months, and then quit.
Fast forward to April of 2020. Quarantine was already getting to me, and I finally decided to start a new blog to pass the time.
Ten months later, and here we are!
- What is your dream job?
Any job where I make money.
If I could have any job in the world, I would like to be a wildly successful lifestyle vlogger. But since that depends on having an interesting life, some popularity, and a lot of luck, I don’t think it will happen any time soon.
More realistically, I want to work as a literary agent and represent YA and adult fiction. That’s my current goal. And of course, I hope to keep blogging in the future!
- If you could domesticate any wild animal to keep for a pet, which would you choose and why?
Ooh, I like this question! I would domesticate a wolf, because they’re gorgeous and extremely dangerous. Nobody would mess with me if I had a pet wolf by my side.
- Chocolate or vanilla (or other)?
- What’s the next book you hope to read and/or movie you want to watch?
I’m currently reading Lord of the Flies, which I really like so far.
After I finish reading that, I want to read A Gentleman in Moscow. It sounds really interesting, and it’s been on my TBR list for quite a while.
- What fictional world do you wish was real?
Hobbiton. It’s such a chill place that the first time a hobbit went on an adventure, everyone else was like, “What a weirdo,” and basically assumed he was dead. I think it would be a really nice place to live.
- In three words, how would you best describe yourself?
A textbook Hufflepuff.
If you aren’t familiar with Harry Potter and the word Hufflepuff means nothing to you, here are three more words that describe me: Loyal, sensitive, funny.
- If you had to pick one season to live in for the rest of your life, which one would you pick?
Winter. I love hoodies and blankets and hot chocolate, and those things aren’t nearly as fun in the other seasons.
- What’s one of your favorite quotes (about anything)?
This one’s hard. But one quote that helped me get through 2020 was the old saying: “Che sara sara.” Translated, it means, “whatever will happen, will happen.”
It’s very similar to the lyrics from the song “Meant to Be” by Bebe Rexha.
If it’s meant to be, it’ll be, it’ll be,-Bebe Rexha
Baby, just let it be.
(Even though she’s singing about love, not COVID-19.)
This quote helps me remember that life happens. And sometimes, all you can do is stand your ground until the storm passes.
- Who is a fictional character you think you’d get along well with? Who is one you don’t think you’d get along with?
I think I would get along well with Scott Lang (Ant Man) from the MCU. He seems like the kind of person I could be really good friends with. He’s goofy, creative, and full of new ideas.
It pains me to say this, but I would not get along well with April Ludgate from Parks and Rec.
She’s one of my favorite characters on the show. However, if I knew her in real life, I would be terrified of her, and I might end up quitting my job in order to get away from her.
- What’s one of your favorite childhood memories?
Swinging on a tire swing. Once in a while, I’ll still go to a park with some friends and sit on the tire swing. Tire swings really are a gift from above.
That’s it for my answers! Thanks again to E.G. Bella for nominating me.
For my nominees, I’d like to tag the following people:
- Eleanor Sophie (https://eleanorsophiewrites.wordpress.com/)
- Teen Writers Nook (https://www.teenwritersnook.com/)
- Rambling Robin (http://ramblingrobinj.com/)
- K. M. Allen (http://kmallan.com/)
- Bette A. Stevens (http://4writersandreaders.com/)
- Priscilla Bettis, Author (http://priscillabettisauthor.com/)
- Laura’s Books and Blogs (https://laurasbooksandblogs.com/)
- Jessica Crespino (http://jessicacrespino.com/)
- Lorraine Ambers (http://lorraineambers.com/)
- Julia Witmer, Author (https://juliawitmerblog.wordpress.com/)
- Anyone else who wants to join!
My questions are:
- Do you prefer to blog about writing or book reviews?
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
- What goals do you have for your blog in 2021?
- Are you more of a dog person or a cat person?
- What does a typical morning look like for you?
- What was the last movie you saw that you absolutely hated?
- We all have those moments when our favorite character does something stupid, even though we’re yelling at them, “DON’T DO THE THING!” If you could have the power to change one moment in one movie/book, and make the character do something different, what moment would you change?
- If you could give your readers one piece of life advice, what would you tell them?
- Would you rather read a book with a fast-paced plot or an extremely detailed, vivid setting? (You can’t pick both!)
- What three fictional characters do you relate to in some way?
- Tacos or burritos?
This was a lot of fun to do! Thanks for reading, and I will be back again soon with a new post.
Hello everyone, and welcome back to the blog! Today we’re going to discuss 7 documents (besides your novel) that will help you elevate your writing to the next level. If you don’t use other documents to keep track of things while you write your story, you could be wasting a lot of great content. Allow […]
Happy February! First of all, I did not expect my first Character Comparison post to become so popular. So finally, eight months later, I’m writing a part two! This time, we’re going to take a look at two more characters: Merlin and Peter Parker. (a.k.a. The battle of the cinnamon rolls.) If you haven’t seen […]
I accept this challenge.