Today’s post is going to be a little bit shorter, since I just wanted to take a moment and look back at the positive things in 2020.
I know, 2020 wasn’t very positive. But what fun is it to read another negative article where we complain about the state of our world?
Fortunately, I was able to accomplish some exciting things in 2020, and I really hope you can say the same.
My Writing Goals for 2020
At the end of 2019, I made some New Years writing resolutions:
- Start a blog
- Finish my WIP
- Submit it to a contest
- Start a new novel.
I was actually able to meet most of my writing goals in 2020.
- The blog is started (and you’re currently reading it now)
- I finished my WIP and submitted it at the very last second
- (It ended up in the top six!)
- I started planning a new novel, but once I started school, there wasn’t much time to work on anything besides homework.
Things that Inspired Me
In 2020, I had to struggle to find inspiration.
You know it’s bad when you’re awake at 2 am, googling things like “motivation for 2020” and “how to write a sentence.”
In spite of this, I still found several things that inspired me to keep creating.
Some of the movies and TV shows that inspire me:
- Parks and Rec helped me laugh
- Merlin helped me interact more with my brother
- Stranger Things helped me escape and live in a different world for a while
- The Marvel movies helped me remember that there are good people in this world
- Once Upon a Time helped me realize that library DVDs are easily scratched and I should not depend on them because they always get scratched at the MOST SUSPENSEFUL places.
Moving Forward: Writing Goals for 2021
So what are my goals moving forward?
I’d like to get a job working as a blogger or ghostwriter again. The biggest challenge with that is trying to balance a job with my schoolwork.
I want to start planning a new novel from the ground up, and hopefully write it over the summer.
And I’d like to see this blog hit 1,000 followers, so if you’re not following this blog yet, please do! (It’s free and you won’t ever get spam from me.)
Updates for 2021
Since I have classes starting right after new year’s, starting now, I’m back to posting every other week.
Also, I may be looking for guest bloggers in the near future, so if you’d be interested, leave a comment or contact me and let me know!
Thanks for reading, and I will see you again in 2021!